Monday, October 1, 2007

Recievers

I'm considering picking up at some point a Sony STR-DG910. I'm looking for a reasonably priced receiver that will passthrough/convert component/composite sources to HDMI to simplify my living room setup. The STR-DG910 seems to fit the bill. It's got 3 Component inputs and a couple of HDMI's as well that all can pass through to 1 HDMI output. Which is what I need, 360, Wii, PS2 throw down component style to one HDMI bitches be sweet hella style. It looks like it will pass through the audio as well, which is key since I don't have speakers for now, not worth it in my apartment to annoy the neighbors like that. I'm also looking at a couple Onkyo models, but this Sony one seems just as good as them for 50-75 bones less. Does anyone have any experience with his model or any thoughts in general?

No comments: