Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Whiskers and Mittens and Brewskis and Kittens

I've been off the grid for a while. After picking up World of Warcraft again my life has spiraled into a gaming abyss from whence I've yet to emerge. Not really. But I have been busy. Baby on the way and all. I've been going to the doctor every 6 weeks to get a camera stuffed up my nose every six weeks since my biopsy in November. Apparently this thing is not looking any better so they want to biopsy it again. This wasn't particularly pleasant surgery so I'm not looking forward to another round of it. On Friday the 13th no less.

Of note my current WoW tOOns. On the quite freindly Sisters of Elune server.

Rakden
Rohanas
Koorm

I'm still slogging through Tales of Vesperia, which has been hindered by copious amounts of Warcraft playing with newly addicted co-workers. After that I might finally get around to sinking into Fallout 3.

Addtionally I traded in my 360 Pro for an Elite, It was getting loud and was a launch unit so was probably going to die anyway, GameStop can deal with it. Plus I have been wanting the 120 gig drive to install games anyway.

I picked up Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection the other day as well. For 30 bucks this a damn steal. I mean they are selling these sonic games for 8 bucks a pop alone on WiiWare and XBLA. Plus all 4 Phantasy Star games in high rez pixelated glory. Again worth 30 bucks. The other 30+ games are icing on a great gaming cake. Plus there are unlockable master system games, interviews, and more. This is how to make a classic games collection. I'm considering picking up the Namco pack as well sometime.

Speaking of Fallout 3, IGN has a awesome restrospective on the history of Fallout. A good read on a good set of games. If you are looking for a lot of gaming value, Ron Perlman, and a history on how to make a great sci-fi RPG Good Old Games has Fallout 1+2 for like 10 bucks. No EA DRM Bullhonkey.

Haven't done much with my radios. Hopefully when it gets warmer, and I have less pregnant wives and throat cancerous cells to worry about I can hook up a couple antennas and get to work on some analog and digital modes on the radios. Baby and I will "ham" it up.

No comments: