Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Are you kidding me?

Spore Creepy Parts Pack

Are they serious. 20 bucks for a few dozen parts, most of which I'd never use in day to day play anyway? When the original game only costs $50. When they dumbed down the original game for the casual player. This game was supposed to be SimEarth on crack and while it's fun for what it is now it is not the game they hyped for so many years. And now they want to charge 20 bucks for something they aught to throw in for free for me buying the game. I'd pay 5 bucks for a parts pack.

If we do eventually get a real expansion that adds real features, like simearth type features, will they charge more than the original 50 bucks for that? I get the impression that they are testing the waters since WoWs new expansion is debuting at $40, a mere $10 less than the original cost of the game and with a fraction of the content. Is this inflation at work? Is this just plan McBush style greed? I don't understand when xpacks started costing 40 bucks and some simple additional content started costing 20?

No comments: